Hi there! I am going to explain what is an Operating System (OS). An OS is the most important program that runs on a computer. Did you know that the OS start loading before you computer is compleatly on? Well it does, when you turn on your computer the OS starts loading. Not all the computer have a OS, because it has only one set of tasks to perform. For a computer like this a OS is unnecessary.
Maybe you are asking your self " which are the most common OS", well that is a common question. There are three most common OS, and they are Windows, MacOS and Linux.
Maybe another thing you want to know is how does the OS help my computer work? Well it does two principal things:
- Manages the hardware and the software of the system.
- Provides a estable, consistent way of application to deal with the hardware.
- Real-time operating system (RTOS): are used to control machinery, scientific instruments and industrial systems.
- Single-user, single task: the OS is designed to manage the computer so that one user can effectively do one thing at a time.
- Single-user, multi-tasking: is the type of operating system most people use on their desktop and laptop computers today.
- Multi-user: allows many different users to take advantage of the computer's resources simultaneously.
I hope you enjoy it,